346 Main St.
Woodbridge, New Jersey 07095
Joey D’s Singles Hdcp.
League By-Laws 2014
1. This league is to be known as the Joey D’s Singles Hdcp. League, and will be bowled in accordance with USBC rules and league rules.
2. The league shall bowl for 13 weeks starting on June 4th , 2014 and ending on August 27th, 2014.
3. Bowling starts promptly at 6:20 p.m. and shall consist of 4 games with two points per game and three points for total wood, for a total of 11 points per night.
4. The cost of bowling shall be $25.00 per week, of which $10.50 shall go towards the lineage and the balance to be deposited in the prize fund. A $25.00 sponsor fee is to be paid by the third week of bowling. If not paid in full, penalty shall be forfeiture until it is paid in full. The last week of bowling must be paid by week 12. The secretary salary shall be $10.00 per team and treasurer salary shall be $10.00 per team. Make all checks payable to Woodbridge Bowling Center.
5. All bowlers and substitutes must be sanctioned. The cost for Middlesex County USBC Members is $20.00.
6. No bowler shall be more than one week in arrears. Anyone falling behind in payments or quitting the league without just cause shall be brought up on charges before the USBC. Anyone withdrawing from the league must give two weeks notice in writing to the league secretary and shall be responsible for two weeks unless a replacement is found. Also, any bowler that quits without just cause will forfeit all prize monies back to the league.
7. A late bowler may catch up for the first game only: provided the teams on the pair to the right of their lanes have not completed the fifth frame. There shall be no catch up for remaining games.
8. In the event first place is clinched, first shall bowl last. If in the event both first and second are clinched, then it shall revert back to first bowls second and so on.
10. Entering Averages:
a. 2013 - 2014 highest winter USBC average for a minimum 45 games.
b. Bowlers with no above average will use highest 2012 - 2013 winter USBC average for a minimum of 45 games.
c. A YABA USBC average for the past winter will be accepted for a minimum of 45 games.
d. Bowlers with none of the above shall come in at 220.
e. This league shall not accept a past summer league average.
f. The 10 pin drop rule will apply.
11. A legal lineup shall consist of one bowler, be it regular or substitute. Anyone bowling unopposed must come within 10 points of their current average to earn the points. The other team cannot earn any points.
12. Handicaps shall be based on 90% of the difference of 230. Negative handicaps will apply to anyone over 230.
13. Substitutes - open roster for all substitutes. In order to have a substitute on the last night of bowling, a sub must have bowled at least 4 games. This includes any roll-off.
14. A bowler must have bowled two thirds of the season to be eligible for any individual awards.
15. Every week shall be a position week with all entering averages being frozen for the first 8 games bowled for the regular and substitute bowler. After a bowler has 8 games bowled, their average shall become current and the handicap adjusted weekly. All ties for position week shall be decided by total handicap pins. In the event of a tie for first at the end of the season, a four game roll-off with the same point system will be held to determine a league champion. This roll-off will include the team placement money also. All other ties, the position money will be combined and split equally amongst the tied teams.
16. Any and all disputes will be decided by the league Board of Directors.
17. A prize list committee shall be appointed and a prize list is to be voted on by the 3rd week of bowling.
18. Pre-bowling will be allowed provided you notify a league officer and make arrangements with the front desk. If possible please give at least one week notice for pre-bowling in order to give the option to your opponent to pre-bowl with you.
19. A minor will be allowed to bowl in the league as long as a parental consent form is presented to one of the league officers before they bowl.
President – Tom Kohutich
Sect.-Treas. – David Haulenbeck