346 Main St.
Woodbridge, New Jersey 07095
(732) 634-4520 PRO-SHOP: 732-397-9502
BULLSEYE TATTOOTRIO 2014-2015BY-LAWS
1. The Corporate Sponsor fee for this league shall be $1,000.00 annually. For the 2014-2015 season, this league will be known as Bullseye Tattoo Trio. It is sponsored by Bullseye Tattoos, will consist of both male and female bowlers, and will be a USBC certified league through the CJMCUSBC.
2. The management of the league shall be vested with the Board of Directors, which consists of the league officers, and team captains or a representative. The league officers shall consist of the President, Vice President, Secretary/Treasurer, and the Sergeant at Arms. League officers cannot be team captains.
3. The League Secretary/Treasurer will be the only officer to be paid in this league. He/she shall be paid twenty-five dollars ($25.00) per team.
4. The League Board of Directors shall, at a meeting specifically called for that purpose, decide all issues or disputes. One half plus one member of the board shall constitute a quorum and a simple majority vote of those present will be final and binding. The President shall not vote except in the case of a tie. All officers should be at all meetings. Any team not having a representative at any meeting shall be fined five dollars ($5.00), to be paid by the next regularly scheduled week of bowling.
5. Each team shall consist of three bowlers whose incoming averages may not total more than 630. If a team has a combined average over 630, they will forfeit all points. Points shall be awarded to the opposing team in accordance with relevant USBC playing rules. Should both opposing teams in a given match be over average, both teams will forfeit all games bowled and no points shall be awarded.
6. Averages for the 2014-2015 season shall be determines as follows:
A) Frozen average from the 2013-2014 season based on 45 games at the completion of week 33
B) Final Northfield Bank Classic Average for the 2013-2014 season based on 45 games
C) Highest 2013-2014 USBC Average based on a minimum of 45 games
D) If no average for the 2013-2014 season, follow A, B, then C for the 2012-2013 season
E) If no average for the 2012-2013 season, follow A, B, then C for the 2011-2012 season
F) If no average for the 2011-2012 season, bowler will assume the league average of 210
7. If a team clinches first place before the 33rd week, their averages will be frozen for the following year’s competition.
8. A 10-pin rule shall be used in this league. No bowler may drop more than 10 pins in average from one year to the next.
9. No youth bowlers are allowed under the age of 17. All youth bowlers must provide written proof of parental consent to the League Secretary prior to bowling. Entering averages for youth bowlers joining this league will be determined as follows:
A) Highest 2013-2014USBC youth average based on a minimum of 45 games
B) Highest 2012-2013 USBC youth average based on a minimum of 45 games
C) Highest 2011-2012USBC youth average based on a minimum of 45 games
D) If no youth average is found for the previous 3 seasons, bowler will assume the league average of 210
10. The league shall bowl a thirty-six (36) week schedule, broken into two eighteen (18) week sessions. All prize money will be distributed at the completion of the 36th week. Position rounds will be scheduled for every third week, and the last four (4) weeks of each half. On any position night that first place is clinched, the first place team will bowl the last place team. If first and second places are both clinched, they will bowl each other. The Secretary/Treasurer will be responsible for drawing, posting, and providing a copy of the schedule to each team captain.
11. A legal lineup shall consist of at least one bowler from the teams’ official roster. League play shall start promptly at 6:45pm each Friday. Practice will begin at 6:35pm. Any team not having a legal lineup by completion of the fifth frame (i.e. before the anchor bowler of the opposing team has finished his frame) of the first game, or by the first frame of any successive game, shall forfeit that game. Points shall be awarded to the opposing team in accordance with rule 109A-F of the USBC playing rules.
12. A tardy bowler shall be allowed to catch up provided the anchorman on the opposing team has not completed the fifth frame of the first game. After the fifth frame, a blind score of 20 pins off the current average of the tardy bowler shall be used. A tardy bowler must be present for his/her turn at the start of the second or third game to be able to bowl that game.
13. If there is more than a thirty (30) minute wait due to equipment failure, the teams involved shall move to another open pair of lanes. If no lanes are available, they will then have the option to complete the postponed match before the next scheduled position round, or they may continue on one (1) lane at the team captains’ and league’s discretion.
14. Should inclement weather or other reason cause league play to be canceled, the League President will notify the lane by 5:30pm. Should the President not call the lanes by the aforementioned time, the league will bowl. Teams that do not show up will forfeit the game. Points will be awarded to opposing teams based on relevant USBC rules.
15. This league will use a head-to-head twenty-one (21) point scoring system. Points shall be awarded as follows: one (1) point for individual game; one (1) point for individual series; two (2) points for team game; and three (3) points for team total wood.
16. Left lane must enter lineup first.
17. The vacancy score (no regular bowler) shall be whatever score is necessary to bring the team total average to the league’s 630 average minus 20 pins. If a bowler drops out after the start of the season, the team shall use a blind equal to 20 points off the departing bowler's’ incoming average, until a replacement is found.
18. Any bowler bowling against a blind score (absent bowler’s incoming average, minus 20 pins) must beat the blind score to receive any individual point. If he/she does not beat the blind score, the point goes to the team having the blind. The blind gets no individual point for a win. If each team has an absent bowler, they must oppose each other. In this case, individual match points for the blinds shall go to the team winning the game.
19. Bowlers cannot practice on the same lanes that they are scheduled to use that night. For the first such violation, the bowler will receive a warning. For the second violation, the bowler will not be allowed to bowl the first game.
20. For the last 4 position rounds of the first half (weeks 15-18), substitutes must have a minimum of 6 games bowled during this current league season in order to be eligible to bowl. For the last 4 position rounds of the second half (weeks 33-36), substitutes must have a minimum of 9 games bowled during this current league season in order to be eligible to bowl.
21. The Board of Directors approval will be required for a postponement of any regularly scheduled match (other than those due to a team participating in the USBC National Tournament – to meet this exception, at least three (3) bowlers on the same team must be bowling on the same dates at USBC). Authorized postponed matches must be made up on the Saturday or Sunday immediately following the regularly scheduled match. If a time and a day cannot be arranged for the two teams, they will be permitted to bowl unopposed. The Secretary/Treasurer will make arrangements for the lanes. A League officer must be present at all postponed matches.
22. Each team shall be responsible for an annual team sponsor fee of seventy five dollars ($75), which shall go towards the prize fund. A seventy five dollars ($75) deposit shall be paid between the end of the previous season and the completion of week four (4) of the current season.
23. All bowlers shall pay their own USBC certification fee of twenty dollars ($20). The out of county fee is ten dollars ($10). Bowlers are responsible to pay the certification fee in the first league they compete in.
24. Each team captain shall be responsible for collecting bowling fees and delivering them to the League Secretary/Treasurer. Weekly bowling fees will be thirty dollars ($30) per person. No checks will be accepted after week 33. All weekly dues must be paid in full by week 34.
25. Any bowler more than sixty dollars ($60), or two (2) weeks, in arrears at the start of any bowling session will not be permitted to bowl that night. The team must use that bowler’s blind score. No substitute will be allowed for a bowler in arrearages more than 2 weeks.
26. Bowlers must bowl two-thirds (2/3) of the schedule (except in the case of documented injury) to be eligible for any high average award in this league. Substitute bowlers are not eligible for any league or county awards. This includes monies and/or trophies.
27. The most-improved bowler award shall be given to the bowler who shows the greatest increase in average over his/her entering average.
28. The first place teams for each 18 week session shall receive individual trophies or gift cards.
29. If there is a tie for first place at the completion of the first or second halves, a one-game roll-off will take place to determine the winner of that specific 18-week league session. The same head-to-head scoring system will be used for the roll-off, one point for each individual game, and two points for the team total. In the event of a tie for a position other than first, the monies for those places will be divided equally.
30. The end of season roll-off between the winners of each half will have a $600 prize ($200 per person). The roll-off will be one game using the same head-to-head scoring system, one point for each individual game, and two points for the team total.
31. Anyone displaying unsportsmanlike conduct shall be reprimanded. For the first offense, a five dollar ($5) fine shall be imposed. For a second offense a ten dollar ($10) fine shall be imposed. After a third offense, the bowler shall be expelled from the league. The League President or Vice-President shall collect all fines. Fines shall be paid prior to the start of the first game of bowling the week following the offense, or the bowler cannot bowl. Unsportsmanlike conduct should be reported to the League President (James Gill). Any league member can report unsportsmanlike conduct. The League Officers shall make the decision on whether a person should be fined.
32. In the event of an odd number of teams, individual points will be awarded as follows: If you are within twenty (20) pins of your current average, you win your individual point. If you are twenty-one (21) pins or more below your current average, you lose your individual point. There are no ties!
PRESIDENT: James Gill
VICE PRESIDENT: Brett Wiewiorski
SECRETARY / TREASURER: Scott Frangione
SERGEANT AT ARMS: David Haulenbeck